Monday, January 12, 2009

Using Some Fun New Words

The way we picked our books this year was simply genius. I was in Barnes & Noble and couldn't remember the January book so I called Shelley who says, "We're reading 'Sarah's Quilt' because it's January and a quilt is warm." How could I forget that? It was brilliant. For all of you readers, are you toasty yet? Do you feel like you have to read with a glass of cold water in your hand? Have you developed an aversion to beef jerky? Have you wished you could visit Jack's grave? It was good to spend so much time with someone who felt the same way about Jack as I do. I actually read it during our last super chilly string of snowstorms and every time I put it down, I was grateful to see the snow and to feel the cool air. I reckon that's a mighty fine miracle for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment