Swedish Almond Cake
1 cup vanilla sugar
1 lemon, zested
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp sliced almonds
1 Tbsp coarse sugar (pearl sugar)
1. In mixer, blend vanilla sugar with zest from one lemon.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add in salt and almond extract.
3. Mix in the flour and melted butter.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 inch cake pan. Sprinkle coarse sugar and almonds on top.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool several minutes before turning out of pan.
6. Enjoy warm or room temperature!